Marauder Spirit Week postponed

Rubymarie McCann ('22)

The Mystic Knights (freshmen), Menacing Thunderbirds (sophomores), Midnight Warriors (juniors), and Fearless Huskies (seniors) will compete in the “Clash of the Elements” spirit week.

1/5/2022 update: due to the high number of COVID cases, Marauder Spirit Week has been postponed.

Resembling homecoming week, Marauder Spirit Week is planned to take place from Jan. 18 to 21.

On each day, class presidents will pull a number and each class will participate in the day’s activity in the order of the numbers drawn.

The events will be critiqued by judges from each council and student government. There will be 5 different judges for each event.

On Tuesday, Jan. 18, there will be games hosted during lunch in I-Quad. There won’t be a tug-of-war like in previous years; instead, there will be a balloon toss and other activities. 

On Wednesday, Jan. 19, students will sing the alma mater while wearing blue and gold or any form of Marauder gear. 

Thursday, Jan. 20 will be the blue/gold cheer competition. The classes will have their cheerleaders leading in the front.  Any banners made by the councils will be judged at this time.

On Friday, Jan. 21, it will be A schedule and the long-awaited cheer competition between classes will commence. It’s planned to be held in I-Quad, with the football bleachers as an alternate location.

During these events, everyone must practice social distancing and keep their mask on so we can have a safe and eventful spirit week. We wish all classes the best of luck!